Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Chapter 2.6: Help! My Room Ate Me!

Okay, so just to get everyone up-to-date after my last post, I sent in the application and they received it (two days later because of course there was a blackout on campus. This would happen to me the ONE time I screw up). Everything should be fine and I may even have my funds by that first day of the quarter. Probably not, but maybe.

As for the rest of my time the past few days, I have been packing. Oh, wait. First I went shopping because Meghan had gift cards. And while I did get a really cute first day of school outfit (yes, I'm one of those people who still gets giddy about the first day of school) I still hate going to the mall. For some reason it just drains all the energy out of me and I end up sitting on the floor of Torrid while Meg is still on a shopping high.

Then I spent my day packing. Oh god, I never want to see another box, container, packing list again. My room is a complete disaster zone now. And I've been in there for so long that all the little Xs on my checklist are coming to get me. No, really. I'm going to be in a dream they'll come for me, marching in rows of five, carrying Os for shields and commas as daggers. A few may even have the pike of punctuation: the exclamation point (yes, I may have too much time on my hands. And this is what I come up with while I'm conscious. You can only imagine how scary my subconscious is. Seriously, don't go without a guide).

However, all of my clothing (except what I'm wearing this weekend) is packed. My shoes are ready, my bathroom crap is mostly done. I'm pretty much completely done with this nightmare. I feel pretty proud of myself because I think I have at least a little less this year. I know that I have less books and clothing going and some of the books are those I've promised to lend to friends (not that I won't read them myself, but still).

All that's left is to put my food stuff into its container (more than just throwing in a few grocery bags and setting stuff on top that I have going on now) and find a box so I can pack my books. Plus I have to figure out somewhere to put my first aid kit. Someday I'll have to post pictures, because my kit is the most badass thing ever. Well, maybe, not badass. But it is pretty awesome.

But, I finally got to put more funds into my Lavamus account and finally got to buy new music! Some people have heard me talk about Lavamus, but for those of you who haven't, here it is: Lavamus, is a legal music download site, like iTunes. Except, instead of charging $.99 to $1.29 per song, it's only $.15 (Although now it's a credit system where $.15 is 1 credit). You can't just put a little at a time in to your account (the min is 19.95) but most music that's come out within the last few years is on there. Even further back if the artist is popular.

And there is a good variety of music on there. They have soundtracks, punk, pop, R&B (have you noticed that the only genre we capitalize?), blues, country, even a lot of stuff that isn't mainstream. I've gotten Marie Digby, My Favorite Highway, Something Corporate, and Grace Potter off there, as well as all the Glee CDs, Shinedown, Aly and AJ, Adam Lambert, and Chris Daughtry. Great site. And yay for new music!

So do you have any tricks for downloading music (legally!) and cheaply? Or do you have any packing woes?

2 comments:

  1. I don't have any suggestions for *legal downloading, but if you just want to listen, Grooveshark is the way to go. 99.999% of what you're looking for is there. You can create an account, make playlists, and access it/them from any computer anywhere in the world.

    For example... I just typed in a Very Potter Musical. They have all the songs. Anything that has AVPM must be totally awesome, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I love Grooveshark. Especially when I want to listen to Rent, since I don't have the soundtrack. And yes, anything with AVPM is totally awesome

    ReplyDelete